- Blogs: Short but sweet, these well-structured and image-rich stories will champion your destination, service, or brand with their distinct style.
- Press Release: In today’s digital world where phone pitches are rare, most public relations and marketing firms rely on press releases to deliver impactful pitches for their clients. We have been creating press releases that result in placements for over 15 years. Placements resulting from our releases include: Oprah, the CBS Evening News, People Magazine and 60 Minutes.
- Itinerary: Guided by a specific theme, or by the parameters of your choosing, we can construct an organized and exciting plan that will epitomize the location, and offer rich travel experiences designed to garner buys by travel agencies and tour operators and garner major media attention from visiting journalists.
- Marketing and Ideation: Over 15 years of experience in the travel industry, both as journalists and advisors to the tourism industry, make us the ideal source to help you take your campaign from drawing board to delivery. We have worked with tourism boards, such as Visit Wales, Visit Britain, Visit Flanders, and the Canadian Tourism Board to ideate campaigns that have made a major difference in tourism arrival numbers as well as social media engagement, etc. We have also consulted with publications such as Travelchannel.com, The Wall Street Journal, and AFAR.com.
– penpanache.com can take over the travel outreach aspect of any marketing and media campaign from ideation to execution to completion. Our service maintains a database of elite, producing journalists (print, broadcast, online and influencers). If you have a product or service, and you’ve been asked to deliver a travel and/or lifestyle component and are not sure how to start because that vertical is not in your wheelhouse…let us take the wheel. Our skills, experience and stellar contacts will make you look good to your clients and make them feel that their goals have been met and exceeded.
– As a complete part of our services in the travel and hospitality sector, Penpenache also offers press trip services including:
- –Creating innovative itineraries that will draw the best and most prolific journalists.
- –Accompanying press trips, escorting journalists and helping organize travel with partners like airlines and hotels.
- –Following up with journalists on press trips to make sure deliverables appear in a timely way. (Half of being a good publicist is thinking and acting like a journalist—we’ve been both so we know what writers and broadcasters and influencers need to make their trips successful).
– Examples of projects that penpenache.com (Gretchen Kelly and/or Michael Alpiner) have worked on include:
- Holland America content for Afar.com.
- Award-winning writing for shore guides published on this legendary platform for an equally legendary cruise line. Over 50 shore guides were created, winning numerous industry awards for originality and execution.
- Consultation: We can provide a variety of trainings (virtual or in-person) to your staff through our years of effective communications in the travel and writing industries. Training modules include: Writing for Power and Originality, Press Release Writing for the Travel and Hospitality Industries, and How to Tweet Your Client’s Brief without Losing Face (or Followers). We also lead media training for broadcast and public speaking engagements.